Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hey from Siding Springs

At the telescope again. This time it is for my project, three directors nights with IRIS2. We start observing tomorrow. First time on this instrument for Karl and myself so we are going to start simple. Halpha confirmations. Karl has to leave before the last night however so I will be observing alone the last night! Lets hope I don't break anything.

I'm pretty tired. Since I got back from Auckland I've been frantically trying to get the target selection, finder charts, offsets, etc. ready as well as catching up on the 8 fields I was assigned to redshift while I was away. But it is pretty exciting (+anxiety) that this is my first 'traditional' observing run as it will be more interactive for myself as well as my first long slit experience.

...

4 comments:

Julie said...

I don't understand 63% of the words in this post. Talk more about theatre! Or marsupials!

Miss you!

Julie said...

PS "my first long slit experience?" If I had a dirty mind - which I do NOT - I would... wonder...

Julie said...

PPS Sorry! your family reads this. Hi Wisnioskis!

Anonymous said...

hello

-wisnioskis