Julie I'm talking about theatre (which I miss desperately).
So on my recent observing run I felt like I was kinda-sorta stage managing for the first time... this is how they are similar:
You must follow/create a sequence of events which changes as you go and can be very unpredictable.
You have to be patient. Your role is very important when it comes (calling a cue, setting an exposure) but sometimes there is an hour when your just waiting.
You have little control over the bigger picture. You can't control the actors, you can't control the sky.
Little mistakes mean everything. If you call the phone cue to late/early everyone will be distracted. If the offset is wrong by half an arc-second you miss your target and waste precious time.
You are physically in a enclosed dark space observing something controlling instruments and directing other people to control other instruments, and finally you are under time constraints.
The anxiety of not wanting to mess-up is pretty high in both as well, especially the first time.
Anyways. Are you doing actual theater stuff?
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment