Monday, December 15, 2008

SIM cards and Facebook

So I took the plunge and got a cell phone. It was actually given to me for free but I bought the SIM card this weekend so I am now connected. Now I just need people to call! I also posted Thanksgiving photos on Facebook, I think I already posted the majority here, but just in case you want to see more photos of my beautiful roof - click here - .

This past Friday was the Centre's Christmas lunch which was at a nice restaurant in the city. It was a really nice break and the food and bottomless glasses of wine were quite nice as well. The weather sucked though. I suppose you all think I am living it up with a sunny summer. Well, its actually acting a lot like a Baltimore spring - beautiful one day, shitty and rainy the next three days. Though to be honest I don't mind because Christmas makes a lot more sense to me when the "weather outside is frightful." I've been doing my best to make it feel more like Christmas, I went to some carols in the city and have been shopping for next years presents, but it is still weird. And I have plans for Christmas eve (orphans dinner) and Christmas day (cookies and Love Actually with a Brit - so we can reminisce about a cold Christmas). So as much as I am wishing I am home for the holidays, I think I will get through it. I am also having people over on New Years so I have plenty to occupy my self with. ... not to mention work.

No comments: