Monday, December 1, 2008

My First Dinner Party

Happy Thanksgiving!

So I've just reheated my plate of leftovers after stuffing myself with bread and humus. Sunday's menu was extensive: turkey, mashed potatoes, salad, two dishes of sweet potatoes, pumpkin, zucchini, meat pies, egg+bacon quiche, falafel, fried chicken, dumplings, yorkshire pudding, bread, bread, more bread, gravy, eggnog, 2 apple pies, blueberry buckle, Toblerone cheesecake, cookies, and pumpkin pie. All 24 attendees (26 including Davin and I) were completely stuff halfway in, just as I believe Thanksgiving should be.

Basically, it went great. The weather held out, we had just enough space around the tables for everyone, enough alcohol, and I COOKED A TURKEY! Considering I don't really like turkey and when it got around to me it was on the cold side, I took everyone else's word that it came out well. The buckle was also a big hit.


Everyone seemed to have a good time and get the idea that Thanksgiving is about eating and drinking as much as you can and still having left overs. And unlike at home with the silverware and china, we were able to put everything in the dishwasher.

So no one was as surprised as I was that I was able to pull off a dinner party with that many people, but I did, and I cooked a turkey.

But I have to give a talk on Wednesday, so I will post more pictures once I've gotten over that hurdle.

!!!

No comments: