Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Up late doing some reading. I have definitely found that my three month hiatus from science is slowing me down as I start using my brain again. Lots to learn and lots of linux headaches ahead. My advisor is back today and we talked about the targets that he will observe on Keck as a test for my PhD. I hope to be observing more of these in the future (and participating on the run!) but just finding the targets has been a good exercise. Also "attended" first WiggleZ telecon today. And I believe I will get to go to Brisbane in October for a WiggleZ meeting. :) Yeah travel!

Everything else is great, still loving Melbourne. I pass ~50 cyclists every morning (i've been counting) on my walk to the train station and probably twice as many joggers. Most with backpacks on their way to work.

I am still trying to find a good external study place. The library on campus is OK but not quite right. They don't really have a barnes&noble equivalent here so there are a few libraries and cafes I am going to scope out. The Melbourne Uni Library might work but it is a bit far.

Anyways. Congrats to Jo/Alex and Melinda/Ben. Hope they come up with a name soon or dad will get used to calling him Artie (after the sandwich shop Arties).

Goodnight/morning

this is my market find from last entry...

No comments: