So my $1.50 coffee maker works! Admittedly it has some problems, like it lacks a coffee pot, but nothing I can't fix. I have subsequently found a bunch more at second hand shops but I haven't brought myself to replace this one yet. It makes great huffing and puffing sounds and has deformed CD cases which I use to prop up the mug I use as a pot. I've subsequently upgraded to a knife sharpener seen here.Otherwise things are still great here. Now that my target list is done for the time being I am able to spend more time on my literature review. I moved desks which I am happy about and I get paid next week so I can start buying furniture. I am videoconning on my birthday with my adviser who is observing some of my high redshift WiggleZ targets with OSIRIS at Keck (in Hawaii). Hopefully I will get to go next time. I do get to go to Brisbane next month for the WiggleZ team meeting. I'm going a bit earlier with some other people from the department so I will have some time to wander around and explore Brisbane and socialize.

No comments:
Post a Comment