Saturday, December 19, 2009

Observing with Lasers

In Waimea, watching clouds move over us. Boo. We had a good start with a little over an hour of clear weather (Check out the sky cam below, the lines streaking across are laser beams. The fainter one pointing towards Uranus was us 2 hours ago. ) I see there is a snow storm moving to Connecticut. Hopefully it will leave a nice covering well before I arrive.



Clear again and I messed up, blah. Luckily Karl is understanding. But he is leaving tomorrow and its a stressful task of observing a target before it sets while dodging clouds, satellites and other telescopes.

Two power glitches. Most likely from lightning. gah.

Another power glitch. There is a lighting storm represented on the skycam by the bright bit in the east. We're *patiently* waiting it out.


Only 3hrs left. I really hope we at least get a standard star in.

No comments: