Sunday, October 25, 2009

Concert tickets and other things

A friend an I just got tickets to the Melbourne version of this show in February :). I am interested more in the opening acts than Diana Krall but either way I'm pretty excited, its been a long time since I've seen live music. 


I've am looking forward to coming home for Christmas and have been thinking about the trip more and more, especially when I see all the photos and videos of Arthur, Madeline, and Isaak. Its hard to believe how quickly they are growing and how soon the holidays are approaching. They've already started putting up the Christmas decorations in the city, including their horrid tree made out of metallic green stars. I am glad I will have a 'real' Christmas this year.

Otherwise things are going well. I am giving an informal talk this week about the data I've been working with and a new script that I have been developing. I will also be helping with a public outreach event showing some girls at a local high school how to use a telescope. Tuesday is 'Melbourne Astrophysics Day' in which all the astronomers are going to get together and tell each other what they are working on. 

The weather is finally starting to get nice so I've been trying to use the weekends to cycle a bit to get some exercise and expend some of my energy and compile Christmas presents at the markets.

No comments: