Saturday, August 8, 2009

Back and ready to skype


and the world tour continues. I will be in California, Pasadena to be exact, for two weeks at the end of September.

Photo links:

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2102660&id=5401461&l=f2f4ca7648

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2102806&id=5401461&l=e55ca00a64

My trip was great. The conferences were a lot of work but also a lot of fun. I enjoyed meeting people along the way, both astronomers and Alex's friends. London was especially fun spending a weekend with Dave and a weekend tracing Alex's steps in Stoke Newington.

I didn't spend much time exploring Oxford as I was pretty tired when I arrived. Hopeful I will have another chance at some time when it is more than just a stop over. I also did a bit of damage to my bank account with food, wine, and shopping. But it was entirely worth it, nothing I can't recover from!

I am really happy to be back in Melbourne despite the weather. A month away, although mostly for work, has really distracted me from my projects. My trip to California to collaborate is my new deadline to get as much done as possible and hopefully the result from that will be at least a paper draft by then end of the year. But even that seems pretty optimistic so I need to re-focus. I got a lot of ideas at the conference in Marseille for different things to try with my Keck data but first priority is IRIS2 data reduction. It is hard to believe I have been here for nearly a year already. It is all going by to quickly!

No comments: