Tuesday was Melbourne Cup day. An official (bank) holiday for a horse race. I thought it was strange but the city takes it pretty seriously. There was a parade and people who go to the races dress up. It made me think of the scene in My Fair Lady, though the dresses and hats (or 'fascinators' as they are apparently called) were not nearly as classy or well coordinated.
I went to another play this weekend at Chapel Off Chapel, a theatre nearby. It was Danny and the Deep Blue Sea by John Patrick Shanley. I liked it but it reminded me a lot of Savage in Limbo which I think I prefer (perhaps because it was such a great production to be a part of, and I loved Julie's monologue at the end). But I still enjoyed it and the theater had good character.
And of course there was the election, whos results conveniently coincided with the Australian work day so all of us in the American corner could refresh our election results widgets every 5 minutes while pretending to do work. :)
I've also ordered a 5lb turkey for thanksgiving so I hope people come to my party!
goodnight and good morning!

No comments:
Post a Comment