So I'm flying back from Sydney now, I am happy to have gotten through security as I forgot my passport which I realized on my bus ride to the airport in Melbourne. But in Australia when you fly domestic you don't even need a boarding pass to get through security let alone ID.
They also supply you with complementary newspapers among other things, flying here is really no comparison. I am traveling back now with my advisor who is a Qantas Club member, which is always good luck because it means complementary beer, food, and wireless (and comfy chairs).
Sydney has been very productive work wise, unfortunately it meant that I didn't get a chance to take any pictures of the ATNF site or check out the gift shop there, but good for work. I also was able to sit on an instrumentation meeting for the GMT (Giant Magellan Telescope) where Australian astronomers talked about what instruments they want to be built or contribute to.
So now I have even more stuff to work on among other things, and am also thinking more about planning my Thanksgiving dinner (I may need to rent a table and chairs!).
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i want to come to your thanksgiving party! please do post a menu of everything had at it. i'm staying here in nj for the holiday - first one without my parents, how grown up - and we're having a capon, not a turkey (which mitch tells me is a rooster with its balls cut off). which will be good, but, my question really is, will you be serving dingo?
Post a Comment