In the States again, hard to believe it has been more than a year. Since I've arrived I've been a bit too busy to look around much but I plan to spend my birthday weekend on a sunny beach.
Just to give an idea of what I am doing here, or for the parents to understand why I'm a little stressed. Tuesday-Thursday have been full day meetings/conferences on Keck science and instrumentation. Which means 9-6 of talks with breaks spent schmoozing. Today I have a chance to prepare for our observing night on Tuesday (we will remote observe at Caltech to Hawaii). I am also writing our telescope proposal for next semester due Monday. Then we have two more observing nights next Friday/Saturday to prepare for that we will also eavesdrop in on from Caltech. Then back to Melbourne for the WiggleZ team meeting where I will hopefully be giving a talk Friday after next.
But I am here now and thinking about Cindy and Matt. I am excited to shop in H&M and have already made a lot of headway on getting sick from goldfish and twizzlers. I'm also loving access to Pandora and Hulu.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment