OK so there has been a lot of concern voiced over the fires and my well being. Thank you for your concern. I assure you Melbourne is not burning and I am fine. The fires are far enough out of the city that I have not seen any fires or even the haze plaguing the outer suburbs. I did see a fair patch of scorched land in one of the outermost suburbs (~50 km out) that was stopped by fire fight as it passed the highway.
The death toll is quite high and it is so hard to imagine that some of the deadliest fires could have been intentionally set on one of the hottest days in the record books. I think some of the hardest stories to hear are of parents and family's that lost all or some of their children. How you recover from that I don't know.
It has been in the mid 60's all this week so at least the heat is not feeding the remaining fires at this point. But it has been a rough summer on Victoria.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment